Setting up Kraken to connect to your S3 environment requires the generation of an Access Key and Secret Access Key prior to creating a Data Provider in Kraken.
Generating an S3 Access Key and Secret Access Key
Generating an Access Key and Secret Access Key require specific permissions in AWS. If you do not have the appropriate permissions, contact your AWS administrator to complete the following steps
- Log in to your AWS console (https://console.aws.amazon.com/)
- Under the Services tab, search for IAM
- Click on Users
- Locate and click on your username
- Click on the Security credentials tab
- Click the Create access key button
- A box will pop up with your new credentials. Click on the Download .csv file and save this file in a secure location. NOTE: If you do not save this file, the Secret access key can not be viewed again once this box is closed. You will need to generate a new Access key if you no longer have the Secret access key
Adding a new S3 Data Provider in Kraken
- Log in to Kraken
- Click on the Menu in the top right corner
- Select Manage Data
- Click on the S3 Data Provider Card
- Enter the following information on the Data Provider Card
- Access Key: Access Key that was generated when the S3 bucket was first set up. For more information on Creating, Modifying, and Viewing Access Keys from the AWS Console follow the steps in the previous section or refer to the additional documentation link below
- Secret Access Key: Secret Access Key that was generated when the S3 bucket was first set up. For more information on Creating, Modifying, and Viewing Access Keys from the AWS Console refer to the previous section or see additional documentation links below
- Bucket: Name of your S3 bucket. The bucket name is case sensitive.
- Prefix: Path to your data if you have sub-folders in your S3 bucket. Prefix should always end with a forward slash (/). If you do not have any sub-folders under your bucket, the Prefix should be left blank. For example: If you have an S3 bucket called 'my-bucket' and had a sub-folder called 'sub-folder', in the Bucket field you would enter 'my-bucket' and in the Prefix field you would enter in 'sub-folder/'
- Click Connect